Material for MkDocs offers a wide range of options for customizing your documentation. In this section, we will explain how you can create a meaningful structure for your site, change the look and feel, add a blog and comment system, and build a highly optimized site.
Set up and customize the structure of your documentation by configuring the header and footer to your taste, choosing among many modes of navigation, setting up site search, and more.
- Language – Choose out of the 60+ supported languages or add a new one
- Navigation – Create a clear, concise, and comprehensive navigation structure
- Header – Customize the behavior of the header, add an announcement bar
- Footer – Add links to your social media profiles or websites in the footer
- Search – Set up and configure search, running entirely in the user's browser
- Tags – Categorize your pages with tags and group related pages
Match your brand's colors, fonts, icons, logo, and more with a few lines of configuration – Material for MkDocs makes it easy to extend the basic configuration or alter the appearance.
Create a blog, integrate a comment system, connect a git repository, and set up versioned documentation that matches your project's versioning methodology.
Add site analytics and build an optimized site by adding automatic image compression, complying with GDPR data privacy regulations, and making it offline-capable.